Midnight Riders Quick 9 : Part 1 with Goodbuy Girls’ Tanya Montana Coe
1. Favorite Album art : Dang, I’m never good at the best/favorites game, really don’t know what my favorite album art is, I just like it when I can see their eyes.
2. Best Diner : I used to love eating at this little meat and three called “The Mason Jar’ in Hendersonville, TN where I grew up. It was owned and operated by a cute elder lady named Ruby and unfortunately, when she retired, it changed ownership and went downhill, but i loved her Sweet Tea and Chicken Casserole.
3. Best mom & pop shop : I’m kind of in love with 'Cumberland Hardware' right in the center of Five Points in East Nashville. Keeps me from having to drive 20 minutes to Home Depot for most every day projects or repairs and they have 2 shopcats :)
4. Sun sign/rising : Feminine, Mother Earth, PerfectionistVirgo
5. Family history : ‘Coe’ is an English name. My mom’s maiden name is ‘Benham’ which is also English. She grew up on a farm in Michigan. My dad is from Akron, Ohio. They met in Nashville, TN where I was born.
6. Dream ride : I love clean classic cars, no particular model in mind, but I’m in survival mode, so one that runs and is paid for sounds more like a dream than anything else.
7. On your record player : I wear out Bonnie Raitt’s ‘Give it Up’. I listen to a lot of Blues and Hip Hop. I love Cary Ann Hearst’s and Michael Trent’s solo music and their Shovels and Rope albums.
8. Never leave home without ….. phone, money, sunglasses, lipstick, jacket and boots
9. Midnight Rider t shirt pick : Ahhh how do you pick a favorite?! This is what I’m talking about y’all. I was lucky enough to snag a 'honkey tonk hero' sweathshirt and a 'white freightliner blues' tank at the Midnight Rider trunk show we had at my store a few months back so I’m just adding to the collection now. I grew up listening to my dad cover 'Are you Ready for the Country' so I’m going with that this time.